Welcome to my blog * thoughts and things * poetry, pictures * ideas * opinions * kindness * video * stay and read a while.

Monday, April 13, 2015

Be Still O Soul Of Mine

Share it Please



Be still, O Soul, and know.  Look unto the One and be illumined.
pp. 369

Our noisy years seem moments in the being of the eternal silence.
William Wordsworth

          What's the rush?  If we are indeed immortal beings, do we not have forever to develop our skills and understanding.  Perhaps the greatest skill we need is to rest in the exact place that we are and appreciate everything around us just as it is. 

          Out of such calm consideration often comes the deep understanding that so many of us are searching for.  To fully appreciate the idea that we are immersed in a Divine Energy, we must pay strict attention to the minutest detail of life, just as it is, and not as it ought to be. 

          The evidence of God's love is neither far nor near.  It simply is.  It is in every element of our lives.

I open my awareness to life around me.  Spirit within me recognizes Spirit all around me.  I step out of the frantic pace to enjoy the quiet truth:  I am one with all of Life.    I give thanks for my life and all that is in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts


5 most recently updated from the blogs I'm following

Followers

Science of Mind and Spirit For Begnners

Science of Mind and Spirit For Begnners
"This wonderful book guides any individual to understand Science of Mind with ease and grace. It is a simple and beautiful presentation of the Spiritual Principles Science of Mind teaches. I highly recommend this book to students, licensed Practitioners and ministers. Blessings to Rev Edward." ~ Johan Gonzalez RScP. Science of Mind and Spirit for Beginners: Four Chapters in Simplified Prose, paraphrased by Edward VIljoen

Practice The Presence Journal

Practice The Presence Journal
Journaling offers a powerful way to record your spiritual growth. Writing in a journal calls on you to be more conscious of the insights that occur daily in your life. It gives you an opportunity to examine your beliefs and be mindful of your choices.

Seeing Good At Work

Seeing Good At Work
I have been through the book three times over three years, and am starting it again. This is not because the material in the book is not working, but because it is working so well! The weekly lessons keep me on track and focused on what is actually true and important, and help me experience more good in every area of my life. LS

Ezine.com