Welcome to my blog * thoughts and things * poetry, pictures * ideas * opinions * kindness * video * stay and read a while.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Isabella Theresa!

Share it Please

http://www.firstgiving.com/edwardviljoen


Here's what I'm doing to contribute something to the world! How the heck did I get into this... I'll tell you how... I looked into a baby's eyes... and it was alllll over. Dang, they are irrrrreeeesisitible. So, HELP ME! how? I'll tell you how... donate please.

Everybody falls in love with Isabella Theresa!   It's the eyes I think, or the hair, or... I don't know...It's just her....I fell for Bella at her baptism ceremony.  So when her mom asked me to participate in this fundraiser for the rare genetic disorder Bella has, I knew I would.

At first I couldn't even remember how to pronounce the name of the disorder - and  hardly anyone I know had heard of Cockayne Syndrome (CS)  a rare genetic disorder characterized by poor growth, microcephaly, progeria (premature aging), sensitivity to sunlight, moderate to profound developmental and neurological delays, and a shortened lifespan.  That's what makes it so tender - its easy to minimize the need for support when the disorder is so rare and so few people know about it.  But it's impossible to minimize it when you know someone who has it.

 
 
Because it is so rare, funding for educational programs, exchange of information and support for research is slim.   So we raise funds!! 
 
Visit my fundraising page for more information about the organization:

http://www.firstgiving.com/edwardviljoen

And please forward this to anyone who you think might want to donate too!
Much love,


Edward Viljoen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts


5 most recently updated from the blogs I'm following

Followers

Science of Mind and Spirit For Begnners

Science of Mind and Spirit For Begnners
"This wonderful book guides any individual to understand Science of Mind with ease and grace. It is a simple and beautiful presentation of the Spiritual Principles Science of Mind teaches. I highly recommend this book to students, licensed Practitioners and ministers. Blessings to Rev Edward." ~ Johan Gonzalez RScP. Science of Mind and Spirit for Beginners: Four Chapters in Simplified Prose, paraphrased by Edward VIljoen

Practice The Presence Journal

Practice The Presence Journal
Journaling offers a powerful way to record your spiritual growth. Writing in a journal calls on you to be more conscious of the insights that occur daily in your life. It gives you an opportunity to examine your beliefs and be mindful of your choices.

Seeing Good At Work

Seeing Good At Work
I have been through the book three times over three years, and am starting it again. This is not because the material in the book is not working, but because it is working so well! The weekly lessons keep me on track and focused on what is actually true and important, and help me experience more good in every area of my life. LS

Ezine.com